Sunday, March 15, 2009



(image from flickr)


"There is growing concern that the accelerating pace of change will put alarming numbers of species on the path to extinction. Global warming is projected to reduce boreal habitat in all of the mountain ranges of the Great Basin region, contributing to a 44-percent loss of mammal species, a 23-percent loss of butterfly species, a 30-percent loss of perennial grasses and forbs and a 17-percent loss of shrub species." This is very disturbing to me, and the reason is that their is nothing we can do about it. This was a piece taken from (a great site) which goes into many of the problems we Americans face today. Although it is called "Global" warming i feel like since I am from America I would like to be educated on how this issue afects me in my country. For millions of people, hunting, fishing and other outdoor traditions are an important part of life in the American West. But America's addiction to fossil fuels is coming at an enormous price, one that threatens not only people but the fish, wildlife and ecosystems that are so fundamental to the region's--and nation's--economy, culture and values.

It is nice to know that I am not alone in my concern for global warming, and i would like to post another blogger who feels the same. (Blogger) This is a great example of what i am trying to represent, I am learning and hope to expand on my knowledge of this issue and share it with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment